Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Post 14: Most ANNOYING music video ever

This is my least favorite music video because it is so ANNOYING!!! I have to say that I hate country music and therefore I strongly dislike any country music video, but this video has earned itself a spot on the top of my list of things that annoy me most. The song that they sing in this video is that annoying song they make you learn at summer camp. They teach you all the actions, and every time they make you sing it you just dread the thought of hearing it again. The counselors teach you to flap your arms like you are a chicken from KFC. They make you make an "M" over your head for McDonalds; it's almost like you're doing the YMCA, except your cheering for McDonalds!

This is the worst music video I have ever seen because it is so bizarre. It reminds me of a crazy version of the Wiggles except for adults. It so random that the dancers are driving a bus called the “Happy Wheels” bus (I’m assuming they got that from “Happy Meals”) and then all of the sudden a random blue dog appears as the driver. In the next few scenes the blue dog starts dancing with them. Too much randomness confuses the viewer.

This song is the type that you never want to hear a friend singing for fun. It’s the type of song that gets stuck in your head for a week after watching this video music. All of the bright colors make me think that I’ve been placed on the set of Barney taping a sing-along session. The obnoxious costumes in the video make you want to dress up and win the most ugly costume award at a Halloween party. This is definitely one of those movies you have to watch ten times because you are wondering WHAT WERE THEY THINKING WHEN THEY MADE THIS!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Oh wow! I can not believe this is even a music video allowed to be shown in the United States! First of all, aren’t we trying to get kids AWAY from McDonald’s, not promote it? I don’t understand the point to this at all! The entire thing is about McDonald’s and Kentucky Fried Chicken. I had to laugh when I first saw it, of course I laughed through the whole thing, but in elementary school we would sing a version of this song every Friday with the entire school along with our school song. Every week the Principal would add of another verse to the song. We always looked forward to singing it, but now it makes me want to puke!

I find their outfits or costumes very disturbing. Like you said, it’s like an adult version of the song. Their outfits are not meant for children and if a child watched this I would be ashamed. This is not the way children are supposed to see adults acting. They are wearing some awful piece of material that makes them look so silly! Overall, you picked a wonderful worst video. It has made it up to the top of my list also!

Tristan said...

Wow! That’s all I can say after watching this video. I agree with you, what were they thinking making a video like this? Actually, what were they thinking making a song like this in the first place? It’s totally bizarre and crazy. It’s extremely annoying and I agree with everything you said about it. Your comments made me laugh at first, but then I actually watched the video and I knew what you were talking about it. It’s really weird, especially the random blue dog. I’m pretty sure I could never watch this video again. Everything about it was terrible.

Zach Beedle said...

HAHAHA This video is horrible but its kind of funny. I don't know who comes up with this kind of stuff but they obviously have way too much time on their hands. I like pretty much all kinds of music but this kind music has no purpose except the amusement of very few people. If I would have seen this video earlier I think I probably would have used it as my least favorite video as well. When I listen to music I like it to be either entertaining or somewhat throught provoking in a sense that it contains a positive message for everyone that listens to it. This video however does neither. It is just annoying and worse yet it has no message embedded in it at all. It is three minutes of my life that I will never get back spent listening to it.